Laptop won't connect to internet

My laptop wont connect to the internet. It recognises the modem and connects but then on opening a page it wont do. It connects by the Ethernet but not the wifi. I had updates on my computer through the windows 8.1 and just having no luck. Iv tried disconnecting and refreshing, turning the hub off and the laptop and waiting 10 seconds. I followed some other advice through other pages going into settings etc but nothing seems to make a difference and I don't really know what im doing. I have reset to original settings too but I don't know what I'm doing wrong. The modem will connect to our other tablets and mobile phones but just not my laptop wifi.

Windows 10 as a particularly nasty need for aWiFi driver update -- just not that provided by Windows Updating.

run devmgmt.msc, then EXPAND the Network Adapers

Your WiFi chip provider will be shown - - use Google search with that info and it gives you the support page.
Look for firmware, downloads, or support and find the latest driver for your system, download and install. A reboot will be necessary.

Back