Laptop wont load up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,i think this is posted in the right forum,if not i apologize.I turned on my hp g60-214em this morning and was working fine until it suddenly turned of.I tried turning it back on,and while it turns on in that the power comes on,the screen stays black,and i cant seem to do anythng.The disc drive does not open,and at first it made a crackling sound after a while when it was turned on,but now it dosent make that sound.From what i have read else where i think it could be a motherboard problem but im limited in my knowledge on these matters.I do have insuranc but am back at uni in 2 weeks and really could do with this problem being sorted soon,the last time i sent them my laptop they took ages,Thank you,and ideas or advice would be appreciated

Well the first thing is, if its under warranty then sending it back is all you can..any attempt at fixing it and you void the warranty...

That said a laptop isnt user diagnosable, it either works or it doesnt..

How long have you had the laptop..

Did it go back for the same fault before

no it went back before for a small screen problem,and it took them 6 weeks for it to be returned,its why i just came on to see if anyone had suggestions to try before i would call them

no it went back before for a small screen problem,and it took them 6 weeks for it to be returned,its why i just came on to see if anyone had suggestions to try before i would call them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back