Laptop won't start

I have a laptop...and this is what happened to the laptop...I had a song file on my laptop, ran it thru Kapersky and it came up clean. I went to listen to a song using Windows Media Player because it was a windows media player file and it said when I opened WMP that it needed to update the WMP & Codec? So, I think maybe that was my mistake because it updated, went to restart and never did restart. Now, it tries to restart, the lights flash when I hold done the power button,I hear it try to start and then it shuts off. It looks like the laptop is charging because the battery light is on. I removed the battery /power supply and held down the power button to discharge any 'old power', still does the same scenario. I also noticed a faint beepm beep, beep on the laptop. When I remove the battery the beep goes away but on the same note when I leave the battery in and remove the power supply the beeping stops..But It is a constant faint beep, beep, beep......Also, I had a hard drive reader, took out the hard drive, ran a scan on it using Sophus and it came up clean. Another thing that was happening w/laptop is that it wouldn't read the power source consistently about a week or so before all this has happened. Suggestions????

"Another thing that was happening w/laptop is that it wouldn't read the power source consistently about a week or so before all this has happened"...

Wouldn't read the power source? Can you be clearer?

Wouldn't read power source

By wouldn't read power source, I mean every once in a while, you could say more than not, it would come up in the Boot process and say unable to confirm power source...or something like that and sometimes it wouldn't charge cause it wouldn't know the charger was plugged in even though it was.

Back