Laptop won't turn on.Bought new battery and charger, still it does't work

Hello everybody!
I have a Samsung Laptop Series 3 model NP3530EC-A0LDX. It is only 3 years old. The laptop is very good. But recently I been having problems. The problem is that the computer won't turn on. I bought a new battery thinking that was the problem but still it didn't work. Then I thought it was the charger and I also bought a new one, again it doesn't work. When I plug the computer to the charger, without the battery on, the green light of the battery will flash on and off 7 times ONLY and then it won't do anything

{Usually when the battery is on and I connect the charger the light will either go: 1.Red, which means that the battery needs charging or 2. Green which means that the battery is charged. The light won't flash on and off at any point. Right now if the battery is on the light will always be red, which means that the battery is not getting any charging }

Therefore I don't know what the flashing green light for 7 times mean.

Still the computer won't turn on. I know the problem is not the charger because I bought it new. It might be the charging point. But what I don't understand is if the charging point doesn't work the computer wouldn't get any power at all from the charger when there is no battery, which is not my case because the battery light turns on and off 7 when I connect the charger ...

So please could you help me and suggest what the problem might be? Thank you! :)

Julieth,

It is very difficult to troubleshoot a laptop as the parts aren't as easy to take apart. How long have you been trying to charge it? You might try making sure the new battery is secured in place and the charger cord is plugged in securely as well.

Without power, diagnosing will be extremely hard. I would suggest sending it to Samsung, to see if they can at least tell you what it is and how much it would cost to replace vs buying a new PC.

Have you tried searching Samsung laptop forums to see if this is a common problem?

Remove the battery and charger. Press the power button down for about 30 seconds. Re-install the battery and see if the laptop turns on

Back