Left nav pane in the way

I just joined today so please forgive me if this has been addressed in the past. I did try to search for a solution first but couldn't think of the proper keywords to use, When I go to the Techspot Website there is a NAV Pane on the left side of the screen which does not seem to be moveable. It covers about 25% of the screen and makes reading anything impossible. In order to get a full view of the underlying page I have to set my IE Browser viewing to 75% which makes everything very small. This is rather annoying and I'm sure there must be a solution. Thanks in Advance for the help.

I just joined today so please forgive me if this has been addressed in the past. I did try to search for a solution first but couldn't think of the proper keywords to use, When I go to the Techspot Website there is a NAV Pane on the left side of the screen which does not seem to be moveable. It covers about 25% of the screen and makes reading anything impossible. In order to get a full view of the underlying page I have to set my IE Browser viewing to 75% which makes everything very small. This is rather annoying and I'm sure there must be a solution. Thanks in Advance for the help.
I am attaching a screenshot of what I see.

Attachments

• TECHSPOT.PNG
    TECHSPOT.PNG
    157.8 KB · Views: 4
I also ran into this problem once when I was using a public computer at the motel I was staying at this past July. The PC was using IE. Since the PC wasn't mine I didn't try to "fix" it or work around it. Once I got home I forgot all about it and since I use Firefox I didn't see it again.

I just tried accessing TechSpot using IE and I see the same thing as John87.

John87, please be patient and an Administrator will be along shortly and hopefully it will be fixed soon. Thanks for bringing this to TechSpot's attention.

Hey guys, thanks for reporting this.

About 10 days ago we updated some libraries to make the mobile site faster and more reliable. However we've been dealing with this issue ever since.

We have troubleshooted on numerous browsers, OS, and devices and it's all working on our end. IE 11/Edge doesn't show this behavior for me in Windows 10, but it's clearly giving you guys issues. Some Blackberry user complained as well, otherwise we appear to be covered.

Can you please confirm your OS and browser version? This way we can try to replicate the problem. Also: Is this happening in the main site and the forums, or only one of those?

Thank you!

Edit: Just uploaded a new change that may have fixed thing for IE desktop users.

Yes, it appears fixed for me. I was testing with IE 11 with Windows 7.

Yes, it appears fixed for me. I was testing with IE 11 with Windows 7.
This has been fixed for me also. I was actually using IE 11 on the latest updated Windows 10 when it occurred, but now it is fine. Sorry for the delay in getting back to the forum.

Back