Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 13: Reviewing the Windows 8-Ready Convertible Laptop

Julio Franco

Staff member
Read the full article at:
[newwindow=https://www.techspot.com/review/622-lenovo-yoga-13/]https://www.techspot.com/review/622-lenovo-yoga-13/[/newwindow]

Please leave your feedback here.

At 3.4 pounds and 0.67-inches, it makes for one heavy tablet when you consider dedicated slates weigh a fraction of that (~1.5 pounds for a 10-inch tablet). Furthermore, it?s pretty thick as far as tablets go but given the internal hardware, that is to be expected.
To me that just defeats the whole point of trying to make this a hybrid tablet, it's far too big and heavy to hold comfortably with your hands. As an ultrabook it looks impressive though, Lenovo's screens and keyboards are always excellent. Price isn't too bad either.

At that weight, it makes no sense to me as a tablet... unless you're a construction worker or something. When I think of it as a touch enabled ultrabook on the other hand, it seems kinda nice.

Like the review says, the Yoga cannot fulfill the role of the more portable and lightweight 7-10" tablets, but instead you get touch and a high quality IPS panel on a $1000 ultraportable, so that's a win in my book.

8GB is the norm these days, and $100 is too much for the upgrade. The screen resolution, 1600x900 might be better than 1920 because of the way Windows scales. Tiny UI elements on desktop mode must be horrible to look at, let alone touch with accuracy.

Congrats on the review. First clear photo I have seen of the yoga being used in portrait mode to read a document which is what I would want the capability for.. The move towards 16:9 screens has been a killer for actually reading and working on documents and this is the obvious answer unless you want carry more gadgets than the space shuttle. Or no?

I have this unit and it works very well. My reason for buying instead waiting for the Surface tablet pro is the screen size. Basically did not want to spend $1000 on something I would only use as a tablet. Considering the screen size it is very usable on a daily basis instead of for travel it made more sense for my application. Also buy the slide-on case from Lenovo, when removed it slides over the keyboard and you can still fold the keyboard flat against the back of display. This protects the keyboard and keeps the case from getting misplaced.

Back