Lenovo Y580 preinstalled Win8 machine upgrade to SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scshadow

I've searched all over from http://www.eightforums.com to lenovo forums. I've called support and they demand a fee to provide me support for my brand new laptop. I'm desperate for a solution because I have exhausted all more likely resources for solutions to my problem. My problem is that the option to burn factory reinstall discs have been removed. In the windows 7 version of this laptop, One Key Recovery provided this option. For win 7 laptops, this allowed people to reinstall the OEM OS on their msata SSD. Now that option is not there. I've burned a system image disc set, I burned a bootable system repair disc. I created a recovery flash drive on a usb stick. Neither of these windows 8 options allowed me to recover to a new drive on the same laptop. I really really hope someone can help me. This is ridiculous.

Very little support is out there to image a windows 8 system. All accounts I've read have resulted in unbootable drives. I really really hate the concept of imaging my drive to migrate it over. It doesn't seem like a clean way of doing it.

Very little support is out there to image a windows 8 system. All accounts I've read have resulted in unbootable drives. I really really hate the concept of imaging my drive to migrate it over. It doesn't seem like a clean way of doing it.
If the partition you image is bootable, then the partition created from the image will be bootable, unless the image is corrupted somehow.
And if you make a precise image of what you have, what could be cleaner? :confused:

Good for you guys, you all get a cookie. And when you drive image a windows 8 laptop with secure boot, gpt and uefi and it doesn't boot, you can kiss my *** and lick it. Never mind the fact that imaged drives run slow as ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back