Lexmark 2600 series will not print; any relation to my LAN being unplugged?

I have tried everything to get my Laptop ( win vista ) to communicate with my Lexmark printer. All my network connection and sharing seem to be in order. The only 'unconnected' thing I see is my Local Area Connection is unplugged. But, I am running on a wireless connection and my router along with my key in is perfectly fine...I think. The error message reads; Unable to connect with printer/computer...and tells me to check my ports, wires, and firewall. Check, check and check! I really wish I was more savvy when it comes to these sorts of things. I would truly appreciate any help I can get. I am trying to print my resume for 3 upcoming interviews.

hmm; story goes like this;
If the printer is directly attached to another system, then Print/File Sharing will control access to the printer.

If the printer is directly attached to the router, then the device is a 'network device' and it is an issue with networking.
Your WiFi connectin to that router SHOULD be sufficient for access to all network devices (assuming all systems have the same subnet) and any Print/File Shares(assuming all systems are on the same WorkGroup Name...).

Back