B350 does not connect to internet

I just today got a Asus Prime B350 M-A and a Ryzen 5 2600. All is working fine until I try and connect my ethernet cable, no yellow triangles appear and after using the diagnosis tool, it tells me that my ethernet cable is not plugged in and does not have a valid IP. I have tried all of the guides that I can find, the cable works with my ps4 perfectly fine, all network and mobo drivers are up to date and I used the install disc that was provided. I am truly stuck and do not know where to go from here.

Every time I have seen this happen it is a driver issue. Maybe try to uninstall the driver from device manager and reboot and see what happens. To verify that it is physically working you should see lights on the NIC port when it is plugged into a router or switch.

Is your Ethernet connected to a 4 port switch on a wireless broadband router or a modem or a switch or what is your Ethernet connected to?

What is your Ethernet connected to? Is it a switch , modem or router? Do you have DSL or cable and who is your ISP or are you talking about a local area connection?

Back