LG V30 launches in the US on October 5, a day after the Pixel 2 reveal

midian182

Staff member

It’s been almost a month since we had our first look at LG’s excellent V30 handset. Now, following the phone’s arrival in South Korea on September 21, it’s finally set to launch in the US next week on the three largest carriers.

The V30 will hit Verizon’s online and retail stores on October 5. AT&T’s sales start on the same day, but it won’t be available in its physical outlets until the day after (October 6). The handset is purchasable on the AT&T Next upgrade program for $27 for 30 months, and buyers can get an extra handset free if they add another line. The company will also be selling it for $810 outright, and will include a daydream headset and some VR programs if you buy before November 13.

T-Mobile orders begin on October 5, with the phones arriving in stores and online on Friday, October 13. Customers will have to make an $80 down payment and pay $30 a month for 24 months, bringing the total price of the V30 to $800. The phone will be the first to work on T-Mobile’s new 600MHz network, which offers improved coverage inside buildings and in remote locations.

LG's phone will be facing strong competition from the likes of the Note 8 and S8, the iPhones, and a number of other handsets, including those from Google, whose second-generation Pixel devices will be unveiled the day before the V30’s launch.

Based on our hands-on impressions of the prototype, we judged the V30 to be an excellent phone that will likely appeal to photo and video content creators. With its beautiful screen, Hi-Fi Quad DAC audio, and minimal bezels, LG’s device could be the handset that finally turns its mobile division's fortunes around.

Permalink to story.

Actually looks very nice. hopefully they fixed the quality issues I had with 3 different lg g2's a few years back. glad they are including a quality dac

The lack of a removable battery really makes this a sad day. LG, the last holdout, has officially given up on delivering what power users want from their flagship phone.

I'm sure this will make the V20 cheaper. Maybe I'll just get that instead. Then again, after having two G4's bootloop, I'm not sure if I want to trust LG ever again.

Nice. next June it will be 10 bucks a month. The sheeple only know Samsung. This phone will not sell great.

The lack of a removable battery really makes this a sad day. LG, the last holdout, has officially given up on delivering what power users want from their flagship phone.

I'm sure this will make the V20 cheaper. Maybe I'll just get that instead. Then again, after having two G4's bootloop, I'm not sure if I want to trust LG ever again.
honesty though why would you want a removable battery? my htc10 has the same battery life its always had and is coming up to 2 years old here next year. if you own a flagship phone normally you swap them every 4 years anyway. if your argument is you want them swap out for more power the newer charging charges so quick its really not needed.

honesty though why would you want a removable battery? my htc10 has the same battery life its always had and is coming up to 2 years old here next year. if you own a flagship phone normally you swap them every 4 years anyway. if your argument is you want them swap out for more power the newer charging charges so quick its really not needed.

I have to report on subjects in the field. From the standpoint of a multimedia journalist, I'd rather not be tethered to an external battery source, like all the iPhone using counterparts of mine.

Back