Lian Li's PC-09 is two cases fused together as 'conjoined twins'

Shawn Knight

Staff member

PC cases with dual component compartments aren’t all that common so when a major player like Lian Li announces one, we take notice.

In Lian Li’s own words, the PC-09 mid-tower is essentially two different cases fused together as conjoined twins. The left side is enclosed with tempered glass and is designed to showcase your motherboard, CPU cooler, RAM, graphics card(s) and any other expansion cards you might be using.

The right side, meanwhile, is buttoned up in Lian Li’s signature brushed aluminum. This area is used to hold less glamorous hardware like storage racks and the power supply. Separating the two sides is a strip of aluminum (either red or black depending on which model you select) that houses the power button, four USB 3.0 ports and HD audio inputs.

The Lian Li name is cut into the front of the strip (it's also LED backlit) and there’s a controller for the included RGB LED kit at the rear.

Inside, you’ll find the case is ripe for watercooling with three 120mm fans in the glass compartment and plenty of cable holes lined with rubber grommets. There’s also a removable pump mount and a removable mesh dust filter on the bottom. The chassis accepts ATX and micro-ATX boards.

On the opposite side, there’s a drive cage that can hold up to six 3.5-inch drives and two 2.5-inch drives. Lian Li says everything, including the power supply, is mounted on rubber vibration dampeners. This is where you’ll likely want to install any reservoirs, additional pumps or spare tubing and hide excess PSU cables.

The Lian Li PC-O9 will be available in June in two versions – the PC-O9WRX in black with red highlights and the PC-O9WX in all black – priced at £349.99, or a little over $500. That’s not cheap by any stretch of the imagination but I must say, it’s one of the better looking cases I’ve seen in a while.

Permalink to story.

"like conjoined twins" - seriously? Lian-li needs someone new to do their videos, and to hire an actual writter.

In the title you have it as PC-09, or Zero Nine, but it really is the PC-o9, which at first I thought the guy in the video was just not saying it right but it is in fact the O Nine and not Zero. Also holy crap why does the camera have to be moving in and out and rotating and in and out and omg I'm getting nauseous just watching this crap. This isn't some crappy action movie where they're trying to add dramatic effect, it's a case review, or demo or whatever this is.

P.S. I'm glad I was able to find that video so quickly.

"like conjoined twins" - seriously? Lian-li needs someone new to do their videos, and to hire an actual writter.

Right? What do they mean exactly... that their case will either die soon or be surgically separated?

Plus, the sides aren't 'twins' - each side has it's own separate function, if something has a twin that means it has 'another just like it'

This analogy is wrong on just about every level.

I propose we call this case the 'Mullet' - Party in the front - business in the rear. WAY more accurate.

Right? What do they mean exactly... that their case will either die soon or be surgically separated?

Plus, the sides aren't 'twins' - each side has it's own separate function, if something has a twin that means it has 'another just like it'

This analogy is wrong on just about every level.

I propose we call this case the 'Mullet' - Party in the front - business in the rear. WAY more accurate.

I actually hadn't considered that aspect. I was more just laughing at the guy's attempt to market the case. But along your line of thinking, I would say more "Jekyll and Hyde" than mullet.

Didn't we already have the Corsair Carbide Air 540? I'm not too impressed with the Lian Li case, for that kind of price tag. Then again we have people who buy anything, regardless of price if it looks good enough to them. I already paid over $250 for my case, I'd rather not double it simply for a cube case that's "good looking".

Also I didn't get an Air, just what came to mind when I seen it. Ranging from around $170 and up for the case, but it doesn't look as attractive. Suit yourselves guys for your silly cases, but that's getting a bit rich for most people. :x

Didn't we already have the Corsair Carbide Air 540? I'm not too impressed with the Lian Li case, for that kind of price tag. Then again we have people who buy anything, regardless of price if it looks good enough to them. I already paid over $250 for my case, I'd rather not double it simply for a cube case that's "good looking".
I'm not sure where everybody's been in their awareness of Lian Li cases, at least for the last 10 years or so but; Lian Li has always thought very highly of their cases, particularly with respect to selling price.

With that said, what these cases were best suited for is "home brew" commercial workstations. They're rugged as hell, but butt ugly.

As for the new stuff they're releasing, it seems to be a test marketing strategy, to determine which customers have more money than brains.

Most of Lian Li's older cases could have been photographed from any angle, and still be mistaken for the obelisk in "2001: A Space Odyssey". Which, IMHO, was a rather dubious distinction.

The headline is a flat out lie!
Actually, by political science standards, it's "bulls***", not outright lies. If you look fairly hard, you could possibly find a grain of truth in there somewhere.

That's what people didn't understand when NBC's Brian Williams drew the public's ire after saying, "our helicopter was shot at". There was a helicopter which was shot at, Brian Williams was in Iraq, in the general vicinity, and likely did ride in a Chinook at one time or another. A politician would be excused for embellishing a story like that, but not a news caster. Yet still, both of them would be, "bullshi**ing, not overtly lying. (Sort of).

Last edited:
Back