Limited or no connectivity

Status
Not open for further replies.
:confused: I have never done that and not doing very good to explained what's going on. I'm onto Comcast for longtime w/ my family and having hardtime to caught up making payment on DELL(it's might be that the one maybe cut me off or what):suspiciou . However there is NO error message from quote I put there. I'm onto WinXP #2. I clicked on connection icon by the clock to bring up 'Local Area Connection Status'. I choose 'Support' tab and click on Repair button: Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed: Renewing your IP address. For assistance, contact the person who manages your network. I have'nt been online for like a year and half. I'm freaking out ya know. Hardly to play w/ WoW and Pogo w/o that! Please let me know what's the problem and I can try to GIT R' DONE!:haha: Thanks!

Are you using a Router?
Are you just using cable modem connected to a PC?
Have you updated the firmware on the router?
Have you updated the drivers for the network card on your desktop or laptop?
Do a power on and off on the cable modem then on the router if you're using it.
If you just have the cable modem contact comcast has let them remote into your cable modem to see if their is a problem with it. If they find a problem you can, get one from them or save some money and go to one of the electronic stores and buy a cable modem. If you buy one on your own you have to tell comcast the mac address on the unit so they can join you to their network otherwise you won't be able to get onto the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back