Lindsay Lohan files suit against GTA V maker, claims her likeness was used without permission

Shawn Knight

Staff member

lindsay lohan sues grand theft auto maker lawsuit rockstar games take two interactive gta 5 grand theft auto v gta v lindsay lohan lacey jonas

Lindsay Lohan has filed a lawsuit against Grand Theft Auto V maker Take-Two Interactive and subsidiary Rockstar Games. The suit alleges the latest installment in the hit franchise uses her image and likeness in the form of an in-game character, a move that was done without her consent.

Said character, named Lacey Jonas, appears in a mission in which the player must assist her in avoiding the paparazzi. The civil suit, filed in Manhattan on Wednesday, claims Lohan's image, voice and even styles from her clothing line are used in the game. Additionally, the character is also affiliated with a hotel that resembles Chateau Marmont in West Hollywood where Lohan once lived and visits frequently.

Lohan is seeking unspecified monetary damages.

The lawsuit shouldn't come as too much of a surprise. Rumors of a pending suit date back to December when gossip blog TMZ reported Lohan had reached out to lawyers over the matter. Take-Two Interactive and Rockstar Games declined to comment on the matter.

Grand Theft Auto V launched in September 2013 and quickly became the fastest-selling video game in history. The title generated more than $1 billion in sales in just three days, easily topping the 15 days it took Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 to reach the same milestone.

Last month, it was revealed that GTA V would be coming to the PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 this fall in a move that's sure to drive lifetime sales even higher. Could this be the first game ever to reach $2 billion in sales?

Permalink to story.

Really, Don't see the likness
Either way you look at it, shes obviously just after some quick cash knowing that this game generated money and publicity.

Honestly I doubt she would win anything (Most likely there maybe a settlement if she gets anything) and this will most likely fall under a frivolous lawsuit. If South Park can get away with writing the literal names of people in real life in their show and using their likeness (To the point its beyond obvious who they are making fun of) I doubt this has any merit.

Well with her track record. She more or less needs the quick cash. But I do agree. I doubt this will have no merit. But then you never know.

Shes obviously doing what Zenimax are doing with filing lawsuit against Oculus lol, just makes you wonder how little money she has left just like zenimax...

What she should do since she feels so strongly about this is make a poster in this so called hotel, wearing those cloths of hers, and sell it with GTA5 logo. It would then become a win win for both parties (and even promote the hotel).

What she should do since she feels so strongly about this is make a poster in this so called hotel, wearing those cloths of hers, and sell it with GTA5 logo. It would then become a win win for both parties (and even promote the hotel).

I must admit I see where she is coming from Michael is a copy of me from what it looks like and im in talks with my lawyers to sue them, cant believe they copied my looks for a game :/ thought I was a nobody as well...

There is no way the woman in the GTA image was based on Lohan, because the woman in the image has the face of a human.

Perhaps Kate Upton should be suing instead...

gta5-kate-upton.jpg

OMG, what a *****, thinking she has actually been damaged! I wonder how many others could view their self as one of the characters. She is bitching about something that millions of others would consider a privileged.

Ha, true that. Reminds me of the fiasco surrounding American Indian names right now. Now they want the military to get rid of the Apache and Blackhawk names for helicopters. I think it'd be awesome to have a bada$$ helicopter named after me!

But. I can see her point. If her face, home, clothing etc were used without her consent then it's easy to argue they made money off her. Now... would people have bought the game if the girl looked or dressed a little different... yes, of course. But that's a reason why GTA should not have used her, not a reason why she shouldn't sue.

And don't forget... it's not like she's getting a lot of work nowadays. That partying lifestyle ain't cheap.

Ha, true that. Reminds me of the fiasco surrounding American Indian names right now. Now they want the military to get rid of the Apache and Blackhawk names for helicopters. I think it'd be awesome to have a bada$$ helicopter named after me!

But. I can see her point. If her face, home, clothing etc were used without her consent then it's easy to argue they made money off her. Now... would people have bought the game if the girl looked or dressed a little different... yes, of course. But that's a reason why GTA should not have used her, not a reason why she shouldn't sue.

And don't forget... it's not like she's getting a lot of work nowadays. That partying lifestyle ain't cheap.

Dunno about you but the girl looks fit unlike lindsay who looks like a drugged up botox mutant...

Well according to your logic there, South Park has made money off of pretty much every celebrity, yet, they've got away with it so far?

No way is her point valid, If it is I will be astounded.

***** needs to die. Even if they made the girl look like her, so what? Nothing bad will hapen to her cause of some drawing. Dope fiend attention *****.

Now were gonna see Apple sue them cause the phone resembles iPhone.

Well, her life is already a train wreck, so why not try to completely corner the market on skeezy socialites & pseudo-celebrities who are associated with hotels and/or clothing lines... I mean, it's not like that's common today... Well, other than about 10 other recently famous women I can think of, off the top my head, that is.

That character is a stereotypical conglomerate of a bunch of different people in the media. That Lohan thinks she's the only one this matches just shows how incredibly vain and self-centered she is.

Is that chick holding what looks like a replica iPhone? (impending Apple lawsuit inbound!)

I wouldn't go that far, but I don't see where she is entitled to anything. That is other than a swat on the backside and told to go home.
I'm not mad at her for this or anything, acctually I don't care at all, but scumbags like that should all die horribly.

If she could count, she would see that her 100,000 freckles couldn't possibly fit into the polygon set, as it would overload any video card, so no, Lindsay, it ain't you, you freckle-freak...
lindfreck.jpg

Riddle: What did Quasimodo say when he's got another freckle? ;)

Last edited:
Well according to your logic there, South Park has made money off of pretty much every celebrity, yet, they've got away with it so far?

No way is her point valid, If it is I will be astounded.

And every comedian who ever did an impression could get sued then, right? The difference is South Park and Comedians don't hide the fact that they're using someone in a joke. If South Park created a main character called Jim who looked, sounded, and used material from Chris Rock all the while denying that Jim was influenced by the work of Chris Rock, then you can bet they'd get sued.

GTA was not using Lindsey in a joke, they used her and called her a different name and passed her off as their own creation. Well... at least that's her claim.

Back