Linksys adapter for Windows 7 64-bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi all!

I apologize if this has been brought up before, but I am needing some help.

I just bought by husband a PC with Windows 7, 64-bit. I bought a Linksys adapter to get him fixed up on-line as we have been running all of our computers on it for several years. I bought the WUSB54GC after being told that it would work, and that all I needed to do was update the driver. Well, I did that, and it appears through device manager that it recognizes it, but when I try to get any kind of internet connection, it says an unexpected error has occurred, and won't let me move any further. According to the manage networks program on the computer, the device is disabled, but when I click to enable it, nothing happens.

I hope I have given enough info to get some help here. talking with Linksys didn't seem to bring me much hope. Thank you all!

I have never used the Linksys brand but I have used a couple of other brands of similar type USB wireless adapters. I've used one in a Windows 7 64 bit PC and a Windows XP Home 32 bit PC. In each case you are instructed to first install the driver and then plug in the USB adapter afterward. Did you follow this order? If not, uninstall the driver in Programs and Features and start over.

Thanks for the response! Yes, I followed it in that order. They have instructions on the Linksys website that I followed to a T. It still gives me an error when I try to connect to the network. According to the device manager, the adapter is working fine.

hi! When I go into manually connect, it gives me "an unexpected error occurred". I think I am just going to take this adapter back and get a different one. Thanks for all the replies!

Linksys adapter for Windows 7 64-bit - problem fixed

Just wanted to give an update that I finally got the adapter working - I uninstalled Zone Alarm completely (had tried just shutting it off before, but that didn't work) once I rebooted, it came right up. I re-installed Zone Alarm after that, and everything still works. Thanks to all who replied!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back