Linksys Broadband Router RT41P2-AD Driver or Setup Assist

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got this router from a friend but unfortunately he didn't have a users manual or software disc of any sort with it so I'm left to my own devices to find out how to get this thing working. I haven't had any luck in my attempts at setting it up and now I ask if anyone on here can assist in helping me set up. The only major details would be I'm on Windows XP and that I'm connecting the router to my modem supplied by SBC/AT&T, the 2701HG-B 4 port Gateway with wireless connectivity. That and, if it makes any difference, I'd be connecting some Xbox 360s to the router. If anyone has any inking of information or tech know-how that they'd care to help me out with it would be greatly appreciated.

there's no drivers for a router. You can find instructions at Linksys for accessing the router through your browser. You will need to find online instructions for bridging your routers. It's pretty generic so brands don't matter much. I tried to do it about 6 years ago as a technical exercise but failed as I had no need for the second router or desire to pursue it very far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back