Linksys Router Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I purchased the Linksys BEFSR41 Router, I followed all the instructions and hooked it all up when I try to go threw the install I get the following error message. "Router not found, please make sure the router is properly connected and try again" I also am not able to go to the web browser interface via 192.168.1.1 nothing ever loads. I am attempting to set up the router threw my westell DSL modem and I am on Bellsouth Fastaccess DSL. Any help will be appreciated.

Have you checked the cable connection from the router to the PC? Try changing the network cable, if you can. If that does not work and you know that your PC Ethernet socket is working (has worked before, etc.), it is possible that the router has a bad socket or other problem that is preventing it from connecting.

u say "I am attempting to set up the router threw my westell DSL modem" are u connected to the router then threw to the modem? if not try that way.

I think NickC is correct. It sounds like you put the cart before the horse.

What device is telling you "Router not found, please make sure the router is properly connected and try again"? I'm guessing that is the DSL modem right?

Your new Linksys router connects in-between your PC and the Westel Modem. It essentially shares that DSL connection to the rest of your computers.

Also, you will need to give your computer the IP Address of 192.168.1.2 with a Subnet Mask of 255.255.255.0 and Gateway of 192.168.1.1 to be able to connect to the Linksys. Which version of Windows/Mac/Linux do you have? Someone here will be able to help you change your IP Address if you need it.

Post back here if you have any troubles or more questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back