Linksys WRT160N Dead? It Just Turned Off All Of a Sudden

Status
Not open for further replies.

TL93

It Just Turned Off All Of a Sudden - Linksys WRT160N Dead?

Well we just got a wireless router today from Best Buy since we bought a laptop.

Anyways, the router just stopped suddenly after my sis connected a USB device to the main computer.

Then when I unplugged and replugged it in, the router just started to blink and still couldn't connect!!!

We're probably going to exchange it tomorrow or tonight but can anyone diagnose the problem for me.

Router is the Linksys WRT160N just to remind you guys.

Thank You,
Tim

Reset your router to factory defaults by pressing the reset button for 30 seconds

If it's still a no go, replace under warranty

Just tried that, its a no go =(

God, Linksys needs better quality control!!!

Could it be related to heat or just that it decided to be a defect?

Gonna exchange it tomorrow most likely.

BTW, what do you guys think of the Linksys WRT160N Router?

Good? Bad?

Average Users that reviewed it on CNet said it was a good router except for one guy.

Anyways, Thanks
Tim

I'd say just a defect (not sure on the percentage of that, but I've seen brand new computers arrive not working, so it's kind've normal to get one defect along the way)

As for the review on it.
The way I look at it is, if it works on your equipment then it's great. Most users comming into a tech shop will just say I need a router, that does this and has this.
I suppose all routers aren't the same, but in the end you just want one that works!

Yeah true,

The router was pretty secure for us, 256-bit encryption is great!

Even though we just use this for Wireless-G, it still has way better reviews compared to the Wireless-G ONLY Routers.

Once we exchange this, we will try to attempt to setup File Sharing again...

Could you lay out instructions for us to setup file sharing?

Thanks,
Tim

Oh yeah thing is, the desktop [connected via Ethernet] is Windows XP while the laptop [Connected via Wireless] is Windows Vista.

Well anyways, hope that works, but i'll ask my cousin to come and help us out [hes a System Engineer at some computer ocmpany =D ]

Thanks kimsland,
Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back