Location of 24C02 EEPROM on Latitude D630 notebooks

Status
Not open for further replies.

larrrardintx

Hey all!

I recently acquired online on eBay (I should hacve known better) a Dell Latitude D630 Notebook, and our old friend, the grey Password screen is showing up on Service Tag GFBFPD1-595B.

As usual, Dell is of no help. Heck, they wouldnt help me one time on an Inspiron 5100 that did this, AND I WAS THE ORIGINAL OWNER!!!! And Dell wonders why they recently had to close their Austin Desktop Assembly plant and are laying off over 8,800 workers this year.

But I digress.

Now I know that the password generators out there wont work on the 595B tags, so I did as suggested.

I took it all apart...and I cannot for the life of me locate this 24C02 chip.

So my questions are as follows:

1. Did Dell change the eeprom IC number?
2. Does anyone have any idea where the chip would be located. The Motherboard is the DT781 version of the board

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Larry

EDIT: I just found out that this Model does not use the 24 series EEPROM but rather an unshortable 25 series.

yes you wont be able to short this laptop. either wait for or buy a password or be the guy with the most expensive door stop in town.

I think i got something

Well i think i got something on this laptop, i found 2 chips that seems to be it but i cant be sure. I looked everywhere and i found a st 45pe20vp and a st 11F30L, booth look the same. When googleling the 45pe20vp it comes out as a flash chip witch fits the description but the other one does not. It seems like if you short out the write and the reset contacts, that would do it. But i want to make sure that it is, i don't want to delete network card or anything else useful. If anyone can help i would appreciate it. If to at least change the right one.

you replied to a 4 month old thread and if you read through dell & hp password thread at the top of this forum you will see that you wont be able to short or something with the chips on a d630 or any other newer dell model. the only chance you have is to gain a password either from dell or any other third party (paid or not).

not fot shorting

well i don't want to know how to short it, replacing the part should be simple enough. The question is, witch one holds the password info. I know it cant be shorted, Ive read that crazy thread. It should be easy enough to replace and reprogram with the asset management tool from dell. I figure, why make another thread about passwords on this machine just cause its a little old.

the passwords are stored in the keyboard controller and I bet you wont unsolder this one neither try to re-program a fresh one. that information was available in the "crazy thread" as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back