Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum Review: Their best ever gaming mouse off-leash

Steve

Staff member

Since its release back in mid-2014, the Logitech G502 Proteus Core has found itself permanently attached to my gaming rig. It convinced me to leave behind the trusty Performance MX wireless mouse I'd used for years and go back to the cord, though the dream would be to own a mouse as responsive as the G502 without a wire attached. That dream has now been realized with the new G900 Chaos Spectrum.

Logitech has redesigned the G900 from the ground up to not just be a great wireless gaming mouse, but rather the best gaming mouse money can buy period. At $150, the G900 costs about twice as much as you might typically spend on a gaming mouse, but Logitech assure us that it's worth every cent.

The G900 Chaos Spectrum puts an emphasis on weight, reducing it as much as possible. Every aspect has been scrutinized to remove fractions of grams, from the thin wall molding to the hollow "spoked" hyper-fast scroll wheel design. The result is a wireless gaming mouse that weighs just 107g, which should make it comfortable to use over long periods while delivering quicker response to motion.

Read the complete review.

Awesome review! I will definitely be buying the G900. I currently use a G700 for gaming which just isn't cutting git anymore. I do want to play around with the G900 a bit to get a fell for it. I'm just waiting for my local computer store to get one.

I bought the G502 because my old Roccat Kone Pure's scroll wheel had cried "enough" and I couldn't find a replacement at a reasonable price anywhere. I liked the G502, it was comfortable, the side buttons were in comfortable position and I just prefer smaller, thinner mice but it wasn't as nice and comfortable as a Kone Pure. Eventually I found a supplier who was selling them at a good price so I bought three. I carried on using my G502 even after I had procured the Kone's but as is the norm it seems with my mice, the scroll wheel went south as well but the mouse was replaced under warranty and it's back in my inventory. I doubt I'll ever use it again but it's nice to have it nonetheless.
As for this mouse? Mice are personal taste things and not one size fits all. It looks and sounds OK and it most likely is but it's ambidextrous and wireless and while not a disadvantage as such, it's nothing that would woo me.

Needs to accommodate a few more side buttons before I'd consider it the perfect gaming mouse. Maybe 4 or 8 of the buttons from the G600.

I have the G502 and it's the best mouse I've ever owned. It's incredible comfortable and really smooth. This new mouse from Logitech looks really awesome, it could be a future upgrade when my current mouse stops working.

I have the G502 and it's the best mouse I've ever owned. It's incredible comfortable and really smooth. This new mouse from Logitech looks really awesome, it could be a future upgrade when my current mouse stops working.

Seconded. Logitech mice are possibly the only PC components that I am loyal too. Their mice have served me so well over so many years and I really prefer smaller mice for claw grip. I just checked my receipts and I got MX518 in October 2006, G9 in June 2009 and G502 November 2014. All of the mice still work to this day.

Nice in-depth review. Looks like a futuristic ride of some sort, might give game-makers ideas for new vehicles.

Thanks mate, it looks a bit Lamborghini inspired to me ;)

What did you think of the colour options? Would love to see an article on current colour offerings. There is plenty out there on the market for laptops, keyboards etc. Mice are lagging behind. All they offer is LEDs. Would love to add some input to the article too, if you end up writing it. :)

Back