Logitech rebrands affordable G203 Prodigy gaming mouse as the G203 Lightsync

Shawn Knight

Staff member
Bottom line: Gaming mice don't necessarily have to break the bank as Logitech is again demonstrating with the re-release of its G203, a corded pointer featuring a classic six-button design with modern lighting.

Logitech this week launched a new version of its G203 gaming mouse which it is calling the G203 Lightsync gaming mouse.

Logitech introduced the G203 Prodigy gaming mouse in January 2017. Inspired by the legendary Logitech G100S, the Prodigy was designed for gamers on a budget and those that value simplicity.

Like the Prodigy, the new Lightsync features a classic six-button design that can be used directly out of the box or customized using Logitech G HUB software with Windows 7 or later, macOS 10.10 or later or Chrome OS.

Boasting a resolution of 200 – 8,000 DPI, the corded USB pointer packs a 32-bit ARM microprocessor, a USB report rate of 1000Hz (1ms) and a weight of 85 grams. Cable length is measured at 2.1 m (6.89 feet). It comes backed by a two-year limited warranty.

As best I can tell, this is an exact carbon copy of the G203 Prodigy as it looks the same and all of the specs are identical. The part numbers are slightly different, but that’s literally the only difference I can spot. What am I missing here?

The Logitech G203 Lightsync gaming mouse is offered in black and white color schemes at a suggested retail price of $39.99. You can pick yours up directly from Logitech from today.

Permalink to story.

Nope, thanks. 2020 Logitech is not 2010 Logitech. My G602 is glitchy in many ways, G Hub is garbage buggy but necessary program, and I know a guy who bought 4 Logitech mice in a row and they all broke.

I liked Logitech 10 years ago but now it's just not even "quality-tier" product. I don't even know what to buy to replace this garbage.

I still like Logitech. I'm using a white Logitech G305 and it's great. It wasn't expensive, I think it only paid $50ish for it at Best Buy last year. Over the years I've owned expensive gaming mice from Razer (Diamondback, Boomslang, and a DeathAdder) and Logitech (too many to mention). My mom still uses my original MX518 and loves it. Still works like the day I bought it too. After owning this $50 G305 I don't think I'll ever look back at those expensive gaming mice loaded with bells and whistles I never really use... oh, and RGB. ?

Nope, thanks. 2020 Logitech is not 2010 Logitech. My G602 is glitchy in many ways, G Hub is garbage buggy but necessary program, and I know a guy who bought 4 Logitech mice in a row and they all broke.

I liked Logitech 10 years ago but now it's just not even "quality-tier" product. I don't even know what to buy to replace this garbage.
I bought multiple Logitech mouse and all work without any issues. I don't have that particular model, but it's a 2013 design, not a new one. The 2019 G604 version should be better, albeit it is also more expensive.

I bought multiple Logitech mouse and all work without any issues. I don't have that particular model, but it's a 2013 design, not a new one. The 2019 G604 version should be better, albeit it is also more expensive.
Well, I don't have coronavirus so it doesn't exist.

The only difference is the RGB - they added some zoning for the LEDs. On the Prodigy the band and logo was restricted to one uniform colour at a time, but now you get settings like "Wave" which uses multiple colours at the same time. That's why the mouse is now called Lightsync.

Not the point I was making, but I doubt you care about that with such a sarcastic reply.
There's always people who don't have a problem with certain thing. And people who have problem with the same thing won't be happy just because someone else doesn't have this problem.
Example: I've had a software and hardware problems with recent Logitech product; and I know a guy who had 4 times more cases of similar problems with Logitech products. I won't consider Logitech products to purchase in future, even if I like what they offer. I lost the trust.

Back