Logon UI.exe corrupt file 0xc000012 error

Atham

Hello,
today I went to switch on my PC to do my homework, when a message popped up. It said that the logon UI.exe corrupt file. I clicked okay and a message coded 0xc000012 appeared.

I am currently trying to access via safe mode and see if it works.

I will post it as soon as it boots up.

Thanks in advance

EDIT: Didn't boot. Turned the PC off, switched off the PSU and took out the plug

0x12: TRAP_CAUSE_UNKNOWN
This indicates that an unknown exception has occurred. A hardware device, its driver, or related software might have caused this error.

The fact that you were able to boot into safe mode means we are most likely dealing with a driver.

Can you boot into Safe Mode now?

Have you experienced any infections lately?

Do you have your Windows OS disk? Have you tried a Restore Point?

I cannot seem to boot. I waited for about a minute. Was that too short? I do have an OS disk

LogonUI.exe implements the graphical user interface shown when a user is asked to log in to the local machine. If it is corrupted it won't allow boot-up.

Before proceeding did you recently have any infections lately?

No. I put once a Windows 8 64 bit preview cd to see if it boots, but then my pc worked.

Would using the repair option help?

I would say therein lies your issue. That preview CD most likely corrupted LogonUI.exe.

What is your OS disk?

Installed I have a 32 bit. On a CD I have a 64 bit. I have made some partitions, ready to install 64 bit. But I took the CD out and my PC worked yesterday.

The PC did a check of the Local Disk C:

When it reseted it said that ole32.dll is missing. Now, when I turn on my PC my display shows nothing. Please help.

I did a clean installation with some files backed up and everything works fine now. I have windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit now and it works like a charm.
Thanks for your help Route44.

Hello,
today I went to switch on my PC to do my homework, when a message popped up. It said that the logon UI.exe corrupt file. I clicked okay and a message coded 0xc000012 appeared.

I am currently trying to access via safe mode and see if it works.

I will post it as soon as it boots up.

Thanks in advance

EDIT: Didn't boot. Turned the PC off, switched off the PSU and took out the plug
help I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM

Plz help mw I HAVE ERROR0xc000012

Last edited by a moderator:
Back