Looking for a teardown of Gateway M-6864FX

MysterioMask

Hello. I have been trying to find a teardown guide or video or basically anything pertaining to the Gateway M-6864FX, i know its a weird side model of the FX series but Im trying to replace the motherboard in it and instead of crowbaring the thing apart id like some kind of guide so i can have a little bit more finess with it. So if anyone can link me to blueprints or a tear down or disassembly instructions that would be greatly appreciated.

Gateway got back to me with basically a well it sucks to be you reply. They said they no longer have warrenty for it *which i know* and that because its a "legacy" model, they dont carry a teardown or anything for it. So if anyone has any info please let me know.

You probably had the same experience but when I looked at the Gateway website I couldn't find anything either. Sorry, I know this info doesn't help you.

I ended up just doing it without a teardown or instructions, didnt break anything so thats a plus. Got the motherboard replaced and everything is now working, except for the audio so took it apart again and made sure everything was hooked up and as far as i can tell everything is fine im not missing any cables and nothing is un attached. I think its a device driver problem anyway.

Back