Looking for help in how to increase my FPS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for help in how to increase my FPS, the game is world of warcraft i just got a new computer but it only running the game at 28-30 fps

AMD Athlon™ II X4 quad-core processor 620*
8GB PC2-6400 DDR2 SDRAM
2MB L2 cache memory
1TB Serial ATA hard drive 5400 rpm
NVIDIA GeForce 9100 graphics 256MB

p.s. Is running on windows 7 don't know if that matters

Your video card is what is holding you back the most. Replace that with anything decent (even a $100-150 video card) and you'll get much better performance.

thanks i found these two. which is better

VisionTek ATI Radeon HD 4850 1GB GDDR3 PCI Express Graphics Card
Galaxy NVIDIA GT 220 1GB DDR2 PCI Express Graphics Card

by the way i play on split monitors does that have any effect on the fps they both 20"

Go with the 4850!!

by the way i play on split monitors does that have any effect on the fps they both 20"

You mean you have WoW spanning both monitors? If that is the case yes it will affect your frame rate.

If you only have WoW on one monitor while the other is just for like IM, or browser the affect will be negligible.

Yeah, sorry for got to note that i only play on one of the monitors the other for aim and internet from time to time.

i want to thank you guys for your insight i just got the HD 4850 going to put it in tonight after work, thank you again

Since no one else brought this up, make sure your PSU is sufficient. Wouldn't want a bad PSU struggling to support everything :( .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back