Looking for video coded converter

Mister_K

So iv recently purchased a media player for watching movies of my media external drive on my TV, but iv run into a small problem. Some video files aren't supported by the media player so I have to convert the videos to different format.

Those anyone know about a good video codec converter? I could do it in Sony Vegas but not sure if that's really good idea ....

Edit:

Looking for video codec* converter

Video conversions.

Some of these converters are easier to use than others, and depends very much on how much the user knows about video and audio formats.
There is a good choice on this page;
http://lifehacker.com/5058888/five-best-media-converters

Some programs are mostly 'find the file on your pc, choose format, start'
But others need every last detail to be set up, and are not so easy to use.

I use 'Format Factory' almost daily, but, it works in an unusual way, and it is worth trying out a few of the free programs, to find one that suits.

The problem with Handbrake is it really only goes to h.264 now. Older versions would convert to divx/xvid but they dropped that several versions back.

Your media player probably supports h.264 so Handbrake is good for that. But if your media player doesn't support h.264 you aren't going to get anywhere useful with Handbrake.

You could also try Combined Community Codec Pack or CCCP it is a codec pack built for playing videos. I hope this would be helpful.

Back