Machine check exception

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had this error a few times, firstly when starting windows a line would come across the screen and a loud buzzing when the windows chime is tried to play, then blue screen, restart blue screen, again and again. Left it for a week, switched on, everything worked, then went into my music program, no sound, says audio is disabled, tried to reinstall drivers and nothing happens, heres the error

0x0000009c (0x00000000, 0xbab3c050, 0xf2000840, 0x00000800)

I found a page on the web with the same code but its in what looks like german. . . .

209.85.229.132/search?q=cac [...] clnk&gl=uk

Would much appreciate any help!

What are your computer's specs? Make and model? You may have to install a PCI sound card to correct this

its an intel quad core q6600 processor, 4 gb ram ddr2, msi s775 p6nsli platinum nv6 motherboard, the sound card is an m audio audiophile 2496 (pci)

Nice system, thanks for the added information. The M Audio card may be bad or there is a driver conflict. What does the Device Manager show? Any yellow asterisks present?

yea yellow exclamations on the pci sound card, it probably is the sound card, since the blue screens and crashes stopped when the audio stopped working, so my guess is the soundcard is dead. What do you think?? .

Yes, I think the sound card is bad, especially because of this statement "tried to reinstall drivers and nothing happens"...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back