Malware problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello there i am having a serious problem. my pc is infected with a malware, i cannot remember the name it is something like [win32] vitro. i am not sure about the name.
i re-installed xp and everything was fine but when i connected my 1TB external HDD i got the same problem again.

yes before connecting the external HDD i had scaned it with Avast and also with Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware and it removed most of the threates. I have got a lot precious data in my external HDD and i dont want to loose . i dnt know how to find and destroy it.

I have attached my last scan log files.

I am not worried about formatting my system but the main priority is removing it from the external HDD. Please help.

Thank you

ok here it is the virus name is win2: kavos [trj] and has infected
  1. c:'/.....system32/nmdfgds0.dll
  2. c:/gbm6n.exe

I made a boot time scan and it removed the threates but the problem still exists.
I formated and reinstalled xp and everything was working fine. downloaded updates for avast and scanned the external HDD and it didn't show any threats, also scanned with malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware and also didn't show any threats and now when i opened my drive i got infected again.

Hello gnero

Please download Combofix:
Here
And save to the desktop.

Close all other browser windows.

Double-click on the combofix icon found on your desktop.

Please note, that once you start combofix you should not click anywhere on the combofix window as it can cause the program to stall. In fact, when combofix is running, do not touch your computer at all and just take a break as it may take a while for it to complete.

Combofix will create a logfile and display it after your computer has rebooted. Usually located in c:\combofix.txt, please attach it to your next post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back