MAM, SAS and HJT logs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you in advance for takin' the time!

Issue: On the 21st, Desktop was replaced with blue screen bearing the message "Warning: Computer infected with spyware" and a link to some anti-virus site which I never followed. I use FireFox, but my IE began popping up on an anti-virus sales site. A box kept popping up with "Warning: Load library failed for Win Shell 32.dll" and some things I was never able to catch before it disappeared again. Also, Task Manager was (although it shouldn't have been) "disabled by your administrator".

I followed your 8 step malware guide, and the above has stopped (thank you!). The only oddities at the moment seem to be, upon booting up:

a) tries to open hpothb07.tif with Windows Pictures and Fax Viewer

and the appearance of

b) "You are attempting to open a file of type 'DAT FILE' (.dat)", which has buttons to "open with" and "cancel".

I'm not sure of the specs of this machine, just that it is a seemingly ancient HP Pavillion running XP. (I'll try and figure out the rest soon.)

Hope this is thorough enough...

I'll update those right now!

It seems to be all better now, but everything does seem slower than before. Should I keep all the programs I downloaded (Ad-Aware, Ad-Watch (those two were downloaded by the guy trying to fix it before me), CCleaner, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, SuperAntiSpyware free edition) on my machine?

Thank you for the help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back