Many Viruses On New Computer and Small Hijackthis and MBAM Logs. Whats The Problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartinLetain

My computer has just been wiped out and reinstalled with XP and I have a bunch of problems now upon loading it back up. Google redirect problem, cant download any microsoft products, let alone go to any microsoft pages. And if i run mbam and delete all checked it makes my computer even worse to the point I cant connect to the internet! I attatched the requested logs!

Thanks for you time!

I did a XP repair as well as a full format and reinstall of XP and the problems still pursist. Everything works fine except going to microsoft pages to download updates for Windows as all I have off my disc is XP service pack 2. My automatic updates dont appear upon starting XP back up after repair. I do a run of MBAM and remove all selected trojans and worms but I still get the google redirect as well as being unable to go to any microsoft sites as well as being unable to download and install any microsoft programs and updates. Wont even let me download windows live messenger.

Okay,
you must have some program that is causing this. It is not a virus or other malware issue. Did you install all the motherboard drivers from the motherboard's manufacturer website, right after Windows was installed?

i actually did not do that. I just went ahead now and installed the motherboard driver straight from gateways website and ran another hijack this scan which i have attatched... restarted the computer after installing new motherboard driver and the same problems still exist.. :(

Okay,
I think I have discovered the reason for a short Hijackthis log. You don't have many programs installed yet. Your computer has a hardware issue. Maybe bad memory or a dieing hard drive. Did the full format complete in a timely fashion? What programs do you have installed at this point. Be as complete as you can

Yah the full format didnt take all that long. Maybe 15 mins give or take. My computer is also a bit older. Pentium 4 with only 512 mb ram. All i use it for really is browsing the net. Anyhow the programs i have installed are utorrent, malwarebytes antimalware, hijackthis, imgburn,firefox,internet explorer and thats it. I did the full format which erased my entire hard drive which is why I barely have anything on it at the moment. Hope this helps you diagnose my problem...forgot to mention my internet is also REALLY slow now as well.

was also wondering why everytime i scan with mbam and i remove all the trojans and worms, they are always right back there again the next time i scan...i know you said its not virus or malware but im just wondering why i cant get rid of some of them.. some of them have registry values it says and if i delete those it makes my computer act even worse...so i havent removed them yet

That's because you don't have an Antivirus installed
According to the 8-Step guide ("requested logs" that you attached) you should have installed an Antivirus program

Also we did not say to download Ewido Anti-Malware, we stated Malwarebytes

And we also stated to disable (preferably uninstall) all P2P programs (like horrible uTorrent)

But since you are just doing (or have just done) a clean install. I'd say do it again, but this time remove all partitions. Here's the guides to follow with big pictures. (please choose your OS)
Note: You cannot get Malware from doing this ;) But I'd suggest to update to SP3 and then install a free Antivirus (ie Avira) ASAP

Microsoft's Windows XP Professional Repair Install step by step (* Including Delete Partition)
http://www.windowsxpprofessional.windowsreinstall.com/sp2sp3installxpcdoldhdd/indexfullpage.htm

Microsoft's Windows XP Home Repair Install step by step (* Including Delete Partition)
http://www.windowsxphome.windowsreinstall.com/sp2sp3installxpcdoldhdd/indexfullpage.htm

* Warning deleting the Partition will remove all User data and Windows system files

EDIT

And maybe stay away from P2P software, you are obviously are not safe with it

Good points Kimsland,
these users with constant malware issues have bad computing habits for sure... I just couldn't imagine getting infected so fast after a fresh OS install

Yes .. yes they have :rolleyes:

I've just been reading every single one of your support posts actually :suspiciou
Hmm, oh well at least they had replies done, but they may need better diagnosis at times, don't you feel? ;)

ok ill try this and let you know. However i just tried installing avg and when it tries to connect to the internet it says connection not found. Same sorta thing happens with mbam. It checks for updates but cant connect to internet. Also i have xp media center edition. is there a link i can follow for repair with delete partition? And one last thing..even after a clean repair I still cannot connect to microsoft to update to service pack 3. My computer will not let me do anything with microsoft files or even connect to microsoft updates at all.

I have no idea where that Ewido thing came from but its now removed. And the reason I dont have a antivirus installed right now is because my computer will not let me go to any antivirus sites and when i do get to one, it wont let me install it when it comes time to connect the program to the internet for an update.

I also didnt install utorrent until just recently...my computer was already doing all this nonsense before i installed it...

I see

Oh well, continue above with a clean install
Then update to SP3
Install all your Drivers
Install free Avira Antivirus
Then report back all is working fine

If its not, then it must be witchcraft as there can't be any other issue, unless you are connected to an infected network

Yes .. yes they have :rolleyes:

I've just been reading every single one of your support posts actually :suspiciou
Hmm, oh well at least they had replies done, but they may need better diagnosis at times, don't you feel? ;)

Yes they may need better diagnosis, but I really couldn't see that many nasty things in the logs

came across a small problem, I have xp media center edition disc. I let it boot up and it doesnt give me the options like in the step by step links you gave me. Those links are for home and proffesional only. When media center disc boots up it gives me 5 seconds to press "r" and doing that gives me the option for repairing with backup or else repairing with full format and losing all files. Ive already done both of those options and keep ending up with the same problem. How do i delete partitions with media center edition? It doesnt give me the option for xp set up like the step by step you gave me does..

alright, turns out the reason it is giving me that 5 second option is because I only have the windows xp media center edition recovery cd. Not the actual windows xp cd. My computer was a emachine made by gateway which i purchased at future shop. XP was already installed when i bought it and they only gave me the recovery cd. Hopefully there is something else that can be done without me having to go buy a actual xp cd?? Sorry for being a bother, but i appreciate your time and help.

Ive also just recently tried installing aviria antivirus but right before its about to complete installation I get this error message:

C:\DOCUME~\Martin\LOCALS~\Temp\RarSFX0\Basic\setup.exe has been changed! Setup cannot continue

I just contacted support and they said my machine is out of warranty and they cant send me another xp disc. :( Is there any other way i can get xp wiped out and reinstalled with deleted partitions besides going out and buying a new disc??

So eMachine will not sell you a re-install disc?
Very strange
I will say that you should purchase a Windows disc (ideally at eMachines) to have just in case
So, you need to purchase a disc, unless you have Windows Setup installed on another partition (anyway I still prefer the disc option)

Please purchase a disc from eMachine :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back