Mass hack attack

GaryMove

Sometimes I get into some news that makes me really wonder who and why do this?
Just an hour ago I have read this and for some moments couldn't realize why so "big" people still have no good security of their personal data. It can't be too expensive for them to make so and protect their own reputation. Well, at least I see that no any dirty facts have been revealed. So may be it means they just do that fake data leaking to show that have nothing to hide and this can be in public view? What do you think?

There are a number of factors, motives, and ultimately reasons as to why these things happen.

For some, it's personal gain. They may do things such as intentionally exploiting others who either use weaker, more out-of-date systems (which, I should mention, is disturbingly high, even in mid to high tier companies that have been around for years) or those who may have state of the art equipment and simply aren't skilled enough to protect data.

For some, it's more personal. Maybe they are doing it for survival and find hacking is a way to provide for them, or even for their families. I've heard about this being the case in countries such as India, but I could be wrong and I believe that may be more along the lines of false telemarketing or scamming, perhaps somewhat similar. Revenge may be another one in this regard. I've read a story about a government agent who infiltrated Anonymous and one of the people in the group posted about how the government screwed their family, thus inspiring their decision to join Anonymous; in wanting to get back at them for doing so.

And for some, it's simply just for show. They enjoy what they do and just want to assert some sort of dominance over others and assure some sense of superiority over them (stroking their own ego if you will).

Again, there are a number of variables as to why these things happen. That being said, not all hacking is bad but the hacking you are referring to is more of the black hat type of hacking, which is definitely bad and should be condemned.

Back