Mass Storage - failure to recognize

Status
Not open for further replies.

haufsnaggle

I am connecting my Lg Vu to my system via USB data cable.
The phone says "USB Mass Storage Connected as Mass Storage Mode Do not disconnect during transfer"
This has worked before, but this time, the system will not recognize the phone's presence.
Tips on how to connect the two devices?
SquarePegRoundHole.jpg

I'd try (in the following order)
1. Make sure all Windows updates are applied. See [post=744411]USB Device Problems? Check for Windows Updates[/post]
2. Windows only deletes old USB connection data when you uninstall the device (not when you disconnect). This can sometimes cause device conflicts, etc. Remove all old USB connection data See [post=727106]How to use the DriveCleanupTool[/post]
3. Your computer's USB port may not be supplying sufficient power to the connected device
> If your USB device has it's own AC adapter, connect it as well
> Disconnect all other USB devices except the one
> Try a different and shortest USB cable
> Get a USB hub that can supply 1000mA! According to the USB spec, USB ports don't need to supply more then 500mA but i sometimes see devices fail because they want more power then the 500mA spec. Try using a USB external hub that can exceed the spec (supplies 1000mA port)
===> I happen to use this Targus
===> But you can google for usb hub 1000mA or check your computer store for one. Then try connecting all your hi powered devices into the 1000mA USB port

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back