May I Post My HJT Log?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hikerbear

Hi all;

After a reinstall of XP Home I would like to post my HJT log for some expert advice/opions.

I am not experiencing any problems, knock on the keyboard.

I just didn't want to barge in with the log. I await your reply. Thanks.

Roger a.k.a. Hikerbear

Why post a hijack log if you have no problems! Hijack This is to try and find malware in a system. If you have no reason to suspect an infection, spare the people who review the logs for users who genuinely do have a problem!

I think you made a wise decision. And yes, it was good of you to ask about this. Many don't and just throw out a hijackthis log for others to check citing no existing problems. It's a time consuming process to go through those logs.

Special Site For HJT Logs

Hi Bobbye;

In the course of searching around I came upon a great site for HJT logs.
It is called "HijackThisLogfileausweitung" and is at:
http://www.hijackthis.de/

It is an automated site and you may paste your log or browse and click where you stored it and the site will, in either case, pick up the log file and let you click Analyse and it will take about 2 minutes and return a quite detailed analysis of your log without any human intervention.

You may wish to try it and parhaps post the info where it will do some good- I'm not familiar enough to know that yet.

It does ask for a PayPal donation, but the link is in German. I have asked for an English link, but received no reply. In the English speaking part of the forum I posed the same question and the reply was that no one seemed to know where an English was.

Let me know what you think if you like.

Thanks for the info. I checked the site but of course didn't get the download. I don't know about the 'automated' part though- here's the English forum,

http://forum.hijackthis.de/forumdisplay.php?f=10

Looks like 'Ruby' is pretty active there.

There are other sites that evaluate hijackthis logs and each works similarly but individually. Each has their own set of malware cleaning rules. I am still under the impression though, that too many users want to throw out a log to have someone clean them up when many times there is no sign of malware infection.

For instance, there are many reason for the frequent "slow computer" problem. But many users don't know where to start looking! And sometimes it's as simple as stopping all the programs on Startup except the AV, firewall, touchpad for laptop and network process if network!

As for the PayPal donation, most of these free sites gladly accept a donation. I don't get the idea though that's it a requirement.

Automated Site

Hi Bobbye;

You should try the automated part and drop a log in and see what you get... it hurts no one to do so.

I have been on the English side which is quite active and 'Ruby' does a LOT of work there.

The donation is not mandatory, and looking back, it was Ruby who answered my query about an Enlish PayPal link to the effect that she didn't know how either.

You are very right about users who don't know what is going on... and I lapsed into that category:blush: when I asked about my log. I've been at this since 1978 when I built a SOL 20 from Processor Technology and 16K of memory was 495.00 and seldom was reliable and had to be fixed in CA. Storage was cassete tape drives. But I digress- suffice it to say that I am still learning and that is a very neat part of this.

A month or 2 ago Howard helped me at length with some strange stuff from XoftSpy- very nasty- SVKP et.al. Wound up re-installing Windows.

Take care and know that with a lot of experience and at age 70 I was not too old to learn from you.... Thank you.

Maybe I'll run through it just to see what they say. My systems are so clean they squeak!

None of us are even too old to learn- it's the young ones who think they know everything! I see Howard doing a lot of work on those logs- guess that's why I suggested not posting them unless there was a suspected problem.

I'll post back if I do the logs and let you know the outcome, I know exactly what I have and don't have on the systems!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back