Memory Application Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been getting a lot of Firefox errors lately. When I click close or OK on the error, this pops up (attached image). I have no idea why it's doing it or how to fix it. I figured I'd ask here. Any help I could get would be appreciated. :)

Attachments

• fferror.PNG
    fferror.PNG
    7.1 KB · Views: 11
Do you have any extensions installed? It could be one of those causing the problem. Try running firefox in "safe" mode. Look in start > programs > Mozilla Firefox and choose safe mode. See if you can reproduce the error that way.

Nope, no extensions other than "Talkback" which I'm going to guess came with Firefox. Nor do I have any random plugins.

I'm not sure what causes the error, it just kind of happens. It seems to (randomly) happen when loading pages. I just got another a minute ago. I was actually loading this page when it gave me one. I only had one other firefox window open (on MSNBC.com) and only one other small program running. I don't know what is causing it at all.

Hmmm, are you on version 2.0.0.6? If so, perhaps try uninstalling the program. Then delete any remaining firefox folders and reinstall.

Perhaps we could know a bit more about your system - for example, what OS are you running? What AV/spyware/firewall? How about posting a hijackthis log? Finally, have you looked in the event manager to see if there is anything reported in there?

Er, sorry. I meant Firefox 2... the latest version.

I have XP, no antivirus programs that would be effecting it (it just recently started).

512 mb ram - I've been doing some research and after talking with a computer tech at my school, I believe the problem is my ram. Apparently part of my RAM is damaged or 'dead'. I think I'm just going to buy some new ram and hope that'll fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back