Micro freezes when doing web tasks

Hi folks!

Having a somewhat weird issue here. I don't know what to call it other than micro hangs/freezes. I first noticed it on YouTube (via Chrome) when video would freeze for a couple seconds, audio would continue on, then the video would unfreeze and keep going. It jumps to where it's supposed to be, as opposed to playing super fast to catch up. I noticed the same thing happening when I would be typing an email, typed words wouldn’t appear for a second or two and then suddenly catch up. I did a test of watching YouTube and typing and noticed the hang was happening at the same time (I.e. when YouTube was freezing, so was my typing). When this I happening, virtually no system resources are being used (I don’t have Adobe stuff open, etc, just a chrome browser tab with YouTube and another with email.) There's no apparent rhyme or reason, just happens randomly and not every time I’m watching YouTube, but most times and at least a few times in a 3 minute video.

What I've tried:
- ran CCleaner to fix whatever I could, cleaned Chrome cache, etc
- started running Memtest86 and so far no errors (left running at work and no errors yet after the first pass)
- I run a tight PC, no extra crap running, simple and streamlined
- running AVAST

I have no idea what this is, but it's driving me nuts. Any thoughts? Not sure what to try.

System:
i7-3770
32GB (4x8GB) G.Skill Ares, XMP @ 1600
PNY GTX 660 with recent driver version 358.91
ASRock Z75 Pro3
Seasonic M12II 520W ECO
240GB Mushkin ECO - OS Drive
3 SSDs
3 HDDs
Windows 7 Professional

Remove Avast completely and see if the freezing stops. You can always re-install Avast if doing this has no effect. That power supply may be a bit small for your system

From all your specs, you failed to state make/mode of the 'micro'. The i7-3770 is the cpu chip.

Back