Microphone Is Really Quiet

So it all started when I got my brand new microphone yesterday, I got it and then we into the settings to set it up, and I succeeded talked to my friends over discord a but, then went back into the settings and changed it so the mic boost was on, I then left the call for about 20 minutes and came back after. then my friend told me that he couldnt hear me because it was basically constant buzzing, I tried to fix it and in the end my enhancment tab for my recording things is now gone, but I have a way to launch it and my microphone is quiet, ive tried everything I could find and I could only get it super quiet, anyone that can help me fix it please do, I just bought it and im really worried!

Super quiet could mean that it is 'muted' or 'disabled' somewhere. It also happens if the plug or an internal connector gets loose (check motherboard manual for connections). Takes a lot of looking to find all the places (and they vary by OS - Win7 is different from Win10):

Right click the speaker icon in the Taskbar and select 'Playback devices'. In the following window, click the Recording tab, left click the Integrated Microphone Array once just to highlight it and then right click it and select how you want.

1. Click on start button and select Control Panel.
  2. Click on Hardware and Sound.
  3. Click on Sound.
  4. Now in the pop-up window, click on Recording tab.
  5. Right-click on Microphone and select Enable option.

Or, check this article - it gives clear testing advice even if it is 'headphone' oriented.
https://www.windowscentral.com/setting-your-headset-windows-10

If you need more help, we need more detail - specifics about system and OS.

ps check speaker operation - would feel silly if it were not the mic at all (yes, I have done that)

Try to change each setting at the time and see if it is changing in a positive way. Those enhancements can sometimes do worse than you would want to. You maybe can set up the mic from scratch or try different one to see where is the issue

Back