Microsoft announces Web-based Windows Phone Marketplace

Emil

Microsoft says there are now more than 17,000 apps available on Windows Phone Marketplace. While the growth is certainly great for a new mobile OS, the software giant is still…

Read the whole story

G

Its funny how people say that they are behind when there is an old saying that quantity does not mean quality. I would rather have 17,000 apps with 9,000 being great versus millions and having to sift through those to find 50,000 great ones. But for the few people that I know who have Windows Phone 7 of which I am now one of today thanks to Verizon, they are very pleased with the phone and the app market.

G

Apple and Nintendo make great toys......then again who wants an apple when you can have a mango :)

Archean

+1 Guest # 1
There are so many rubbish apps in the Android Marketplace (probably same is true for iphone's App store as well), that I have virtually stopped bothering with it. To find something of quality which I may need, I now use my PC.

aj_the_kidd

Archean said:
+1 Guest # 1
There are so many rubbish apps in the Android Marketplace (probably same is true for iphone's App store as well), that I have virtually stopped bothering with it. To find something of quality which I may need, I now use my PC.
When the windows market hits it big, you will probably have the same issue, when you decide to part with your much beloved SGS that is :)

Archean

Point accepted aj :)

I think there should be stringent controls over what can get into market place on any platform, IMO generally less is more, unless someone is greedy. :rolleyes: