Microsoft Holiday Hits remix your favorite Christmas songs

Shawn Knight

Staff member
What just happened? Microsoft is attempting to make the most of the holidays, and is having a bit of fun doing so. The Redmond tech giant recently published a “commercial” for Microsoft Holiday Hits, a compilation of 60 festive holiday tunes remade by Microsoft and based on its various product lines.

It’s the sort of gag typical of sketch comedy shows like Saturday Night Live, but from Microsoft.

The collection features hits such as Deck the Halls with 90s Clip Art, Frosty the Windowsman, Bing-le Bells and Please Mute Ye Merry Gentlemen.

Bingle Bells, Bingle Bells

Bing goes all the way

Oh what fun it is to surf

the World Wide Web today, hey

It’s offered on four CDs or four long play cassettes courtesy of Reply All Records.

Sure, it’s totally unnecessary (again, this isn’t a real product), but given how hectic of a year it has been, it’s fun to see that Microsoft still has a sense of humor through it all.

Masthead credit Dzmitrock

Found is a TechSpot feature where we share clever, funny or otherwise interesting stuff from around the web.

Permalink to story.

I think aside from the Xbox controller, this might be the best thing Microsoft have ever created? Although that’s really not saying much is it...

"Last Christmas
I gave you my drive
But the very next day you bugged it away
This year
To save me from tears
I'll give it to... Linux"

Gotta tell ya. I love Christmas but will never like 95% of the music again. Why does every "artist" think they need to rehash the songs? Because originality is dead. I cringe at what I hear in stores...Who is this hack singing their interpretation of a decent song? I don't know...unless their name is PrinceBowWow

Back