Microsoft Office 2003 Powerpoint MCI error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the problem
I try to add a video to a slide in my powerpoint presentation but everytime I try to play it, an error comes up:
"MCI Error"
"The specified device is now being closed. Wait a few seconds and then try again"
Any help is appreciated
~Thanks

This behavior occurs because PowerPoint can play back only QuickTime movies (.mov and .qt files) that use compression schemes with corresponding Media Control Interface (MCI)-compatible codecs. (Thus the MCI error... media compatible codec) You have an unsupported player or device.

A codec (compressor/decompressor) is an algorithm or scheme that is used to record digital video or audio. For example, when you transmit video over the Internet, the video must be compressed on the sending end and decompressed on the receiving end. A codec can be chosen based upon the user's audio or image quality and image size preferences.

When you read a QuickTime movie, a Video for Windows decompressor decompresses the QuickTime files. If the decompressor does not support the compression method used by the QuickTime movie, the decompressor cannot display the movie on the screen.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back