Microsoft Office Not Running or Uninstalling - No Add/Remove Program Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

pejmany

Hi there,
Yesterday, I needed to run my Office Word. It normally loads up pretty fast. But this time, when i clicked it, a windows installer window came up saying that it's "preparing to start".
Aftter that, another window came that said "The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it."
Now, it had been installed previously and worked great, but it stopped randomly.

When i went to uninstall it and then reinstall it, in my add/remove programs the simple "Microsoft Office Enterprise" was divided into multiple different "microsoft offices".
Also, there wasn't a remove button for any of them.
So i tried to uninstall it using ccleaner;
when i press run, a windows installer window comes up saying are you sure you want to uninstall this program. When i clicked yes, it says again "The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it."

Help please.

Thanks, but no cigar

I tried the first method (run > control appwiz...) but i had no remove button.
I also tried the second "alternative" method, and the msi's said the same thing;
"verify the source exists and you have access."

and yes, it is office (enterprise) 2007

Since you followed that guide and it still didn't uninstall I would recommend contacting microsoft via their online (live chat) option.

http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx?rdpath=1&gprid=8753

Maybe they will be able to get this uninstalled for you. If you choose to contact microsoft, after doing so please post back and let us know if you were able to get it removed or not. I will keep looking for solutions for you just incase microsoft isn't really all that helpful which is usually the case hehe.

Ok,
well, my computer came with a couple free support emails, so i'll try them out...
i sent the problem as well as other info...
hopefully they won't tell me to just format

thank you for your support.
It's appreciated

No problem at all, please let us know if you get this issue resolved or not with microsoft so we can either assist you further or jump up and down cheering with you!!!!

Hmm

Well, microsoft wasn't much help.
I told them what happend and what i'd done, and they simply said to try and reinstall windows...

i'd rather wait before doing that. Does anyone have another possible method?

Oh a corrupt Office, with a manual delete done :(

You could try downloading the newest trial version
Then once installed, restart, then uninstall it (what nuisance!)
Then install your version

MS may be right though :(

didn't work

I installed the cleanup utility and tried installing again, but the installation setup failed once more...
i'm thinking of making a second partition and installing media center on the other.

but thanks for your tries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back