1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Miller Lite's 'Cantroller' is a beer can that doubles as a video game controller

By Shawn Knight · 10 replies
Jun 13, 2019
Post New Reply
  1. Much like the Consumer Electronics Show, E3 plays host to some weird and wacky creations. Case in point is the Cantroller, a promotional item from Miller Lite that’s part beer can, part wireless game controller. Wait, what?

The Cantroller at its heart is a 12-ounce can of beer. Dig deeper, however, and you’ll find a fully functional wireless game controller with Bluetooth connectivity and haptic feedback that can connect to your PC or game console. The 10-button controller features three hours of battery life thanks to a lithium ion pack that’s fully rechargeable via micro USB.

No word yet on whether or not Miller Lite plans to extend the promotion to other of-age drinkers outside of E3.

Found is a TechSpot feature where we share clever, funny or otherwise interesting stuff from around the web.

Permalink to story.

2. pcnthuziast

pcnthuziast TS Evangelist Posts: 588   +196

Neat, but corny and definitely something I can do without. See what I did there.

Linoleum77, mcborge and stewi0001 like this.
  3. stewi0001

stewi0001 TS Evangelist Posts: 2,198   +1,625

I can dig it

pcnthuziast likes this.
  4. axiomatic13

axiomatic13 TS Maniac Posts: 217   +155

Miller Lite is not beer. It's yellow water.

5. wiyosaya

wiyosaya TS Evangelist Posts: 3,993   +2,291

I can definitely see someone, after having had several real cans of beer, taking this controller and smashing it on their head. :laughing:

axiomatic13 and Capaill like this.
  6. amstech

amstech IT Overlord Posts: 2,239   +1,439

Miller Lite is what I fill my garage fridge with for other folks to drink.
    Good all around brew.
    Myself? I drink Sam Adams.
    Go to happy hour and down 3-4 Summer Ale Drafts, you'll sleep like a baby.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    axiomatic13 likes this.
  7. Lew Zealand

Lew Zealand TS Guru Posts: 673   +573

I never have a problem with sleeping, only with where I wake up.

amstech likes this.
  8. Uncle Al

Uncle Al TS Evangelist Posts: 5,390   +3,779

Speechless ..... absolutely speechless ......
    Of course, if they had done that with a 1/5th of Jim Beam black label, that would be a different story!

9. Puiu

Puiu TS Evangelist Posts: 3,442   +1,910

What happens if hold the controller too tight? Will the beer can bend as easily as a normal one? :D

10. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,694   +438

Same with Coors Light, Buddweiser (not Budvar) and all the other **** beers that kids drink these days.

11. Capaill

Capaill TS Evangelist Posts: 896   +497

How do you drink from a can when holding it sideways? And how does the beer stay in?

wiyosaya likes this.

Add your comment to this article

You need to be a member to leave a comment. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.
TechSpot Account You may also...