Minecraft community recreates Notch's $70 million mansion in-game

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Marcus “Notch” Persson captured headlines late last week by outbidding Jay-Z and Beyonce for the most expensive mansion ever sold in Beverly Hills. Unsurprisingly, it took the Minecraft community less than a week to recreate Notch’s new pad in the immensely popular sandbox building game.

The in-game, 23,000 square feet mansion was built by Dan Bovey and is based on the real-life promotional video that was shown to perspective buyers prior to its sale. The four and a half minute clip even features the now famous candy wall that Persson recently showed off on Twitter.

A downloadable version of the Notch mansion is coming soon according to Bovey's Planet Minecraft page.

Found is a TechSpot feature where we share clever, funny or otherwise interesting stuff from around the web.

Permalink to story.

I got to about the minute mark and I had to stop watching. The music was that annoying to me. besides that, the people that made it in Minecraft did a really god job of replicating it. I think the Minecraft scenic view looks a lot better than the IRL mansion. The video tour of the real one, made me feel like two lesbians lived there XD.

Anyways, I still feel like this was a waste of money. But, it's his choice.

I got to about the minute mark and I had to stop watching. The music was that annoying to me. besides that, the people that made it in Minecraft did a really god job of replicating it. I think the Minecraft scenic view looks a lot better than the IRL mansion. The video tour of the real one, made me feel like two lesbians lived there XD.

Nothing is a waste of money when your a rich as Notch

He has to waste money if he is to have any chance at all of spending it all before he's...dead! :)

Back