Missing driver HP Officejet 4500 G510n

I just bought an HP Officejet 4500 G510n All-in-one w/wireless printer. It won't install on my laptop. The CD goes dead. I downloaded software from the HP site, didn't work. I've tried everything. It keeps saying "missing driver". I tried to install the alleged "missing driver" but still to no avail. I've had the printer for about 3 days now. I called the HP people, but I keep getting cut-off. ( I'm trying to install it via USB. My wireless connection goes in and out.) HELP!!!

About 2 months ago I ran into problems with this very printer system. I was helping out a client of mine set it up. Ran into the almost same thing, in the end, I decided to run a registry cleaner program, such as CCleaner and first removed all the registry entries that the printer software first installed. Then I went to the HP web site and downded this driver set....

HP Officejet 4500n driver set
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...dlc=en&lc=en&os=4063&product=3986399&sw_lang=

It's just weird, that you and my client basically had the same problems, might be something to be said about this printer.

1.) Clean the reg.
2.) Install the HP printer driver and software

This should do it for you, if not, come on back and let us know, if not me I'm sure there's someone here that can iron this out.

Good luck...... :)

well, that didn't work. i have Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. i got the printer itself to work somehow (before trying what you said), but i'm not sure about the scanner. i've never really used one, but when i select the option on the printer it says 'no scan options', and that i need to troubleshoot.

after spending an hour with the hp tech, and disabling my anti-virus software, it still didn't work, but somehow..miraculously..i, little old me, managed to set it up myself. i realized that my processor was the problem, though the tech was apparently oblivious to this. he was very nice, but clueless apparently. anyway even though the processor was the problem, the hp fix for that didn't work either, unless it just didn't work automatically like it was suppose to..who knows, but here is the link for anyone else before you get too deep-sorry they made me delete it. i'll post it after i have 5 posts.

you have to use internet explorer to download the software. i have an AMD 50 processor, the link lists others as well.

Back