Missing Multimedia Video Controller Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

b2trumpet

Multimedia Video Controller PCI\VEN_4444&DEV_0016&SUBSYS_813D104D&REV_01\4&2CF26B65&0&2820 This device is not configured correctly.

Is what it says in the MSINFO32. I got the device from a computer my friend had. I thought Windows Driver Detector could fix it for me, but was unable to. I've been having a lot of difficulty try to find drivers to use this. Any help would be fantastic. Please tell me if you need more information.

From what I've seen, the drivers only work for VAIO computers. Any other ways to obtain this driver?

1) Look back in my post. Aside from what you found in the old thread, did you look the drivers link to find your own drivers from your system provider?
2)And who is your provider, computer make/model, and what Windows version and Service Pack level are you?

I'm using an HP.
Model #: a6130n
Product #: GC671AA-ABA
Serial #: CNX72324SN
Software Build #: 73NAv3PrA1
Service ID #: 082-007
PCBRAND: Pavilion

The HP website did nothing for me related to a Video Controller besides the NVIDIA graphics card. Will the PCI update do any good?

The device I installed has a TV Tuner (cable plug), S-Video, and the Red, White, and Yellow colored cable pllug ins.

So what is the make and model of the TV tuner card you installed? Go to the TV tuner card's manufacturer website for the driver.

I'm using an HP.
Model #: a6130n
Product #: GC671AA-ABA
Serial #: CNX72324SN
Software Build #: 73NAv3PrA1
Service ID #: 082-007
PCBRAND: Pavilion

The HP website did nothing for me related to a Video Controller besides the NVIDIA graphics card. Will the PCI update do any good?

The device I installed has a TV Tuner (cable plug), S-Video, and the Red, White, and Yellow colored cable plug ins.

Yup. As you said "the device you installed". i.e This is not something on the motherboard that comes with the HP computer (which is why no drivers at HP site)

It's a board from Sony, in fact (altho used and resold by different companies). Its device chip is from Conexant. I believe a Conexant iTVC16/CX23416 MPEG Codec. Check the vendor's web site (if you know the vendor and product). But if not, I can still try to find you a driver the same way Windows does it: by using those cryptic IDs. (And I'm still guessing the drivers on the Sony site will work for you too)

Are you running Vista? 32 or 64 bit? Click for how to determine whether you are running 32 or 64 bit windows

I'm serching around for that Conexant Codec, but havn't been able to find realiable downloads for it yet..

In a bit I'll open the computer and look at the chip information on it. (take a picture?)

I'm running Windows Vista Home Preimium 32 bit.

EDIT: I don't know what numbers mean what.
There was a little yellow sticker with these small numbers at top: 8-598-629-10
Than under it: BTF-PA401Z SONY

Ingraded in the chip in white letters: 1-860-696-31ENX-26 AOI

Then on the back (maybe serial number?) on a white sticker with barcode has this: A8119583A - 0923543 PCVA - IMB5A

That was all I could find.

EDIT 2: PCVA-IMB5A seems to work in Google and such with finding stuff. Still can't find a driver though.

Is up to you but yoiu needn't spend too much time on it till i have a chance to get back to you.. tho might not be right away this weekend...

One easy thing youi might do is try DriverMax both for identification and finding a driver.

Also, i still strongly the suspect the drivers on the sony site will work for this board. (more likely then not that this add-on card will use the same driver whether in a Sony or HP chassis. Will likely be the same driver. (nothing is 100% for sure)) BUt won't have a chance for awhile to look inside of the driver's installation files to determe if it will match

I found a driver, but I don't know how to install it.
The picture shows what was in the folder and the first 2 things open. The third won't open. There is no .exe file to use.

Ok. I told Windows Device Manager to take stuff from the folder and it installed. Need to make sure it works properly. It says invalid when attaching the file. Is there another way?

EDIT: When the driver installed, there was a warning about TV and how it may not work because of insufficent RAM. I thought it was because I had a lot running, but everytime I go to Windows Media Center and "Set up TV", the computer crashes with the blue screen and restarts.

OK.

I believe i found the same driver you did. Good work on your find!

And, ahem, ;) Look at the start of the smrt.inf file for the driver where you'll note it's a Sony driver :approve:
Code:
;
; smrt.inf
;
; (C) Copyright 2002,2003,2004 [B][COLOR="Blue"]Sony Corporation[/COLOR][/B]
;	All Rights Reserved.

[Version]
Signature="$Windows NT$"
Class=Media
ClassGUID={4d36e96c-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Provider=%[COLOR="Blue"]SonyCorp[/COLOR]%
As for the trying the install, Open Device Manger.
=> Find it's entry with the yellow icon in device manager
=> Rt click the entry, select Install Install
=> When it prompts where is is? if it should look itself: keep selecting the options that say Windows shouldn't do anything and you you will do it all yourself. Finally when it asks where the driver it, go to the directory you have this driver saved. Then click and select the smrt.inf file.
=> Then you click OK, or NEXT or (whichever it prompts for)

Oh. I see you just installed it as well! VERY GOOD! :grinthumb

You figured it all out. Give a try. I'm guessing will probably work as it's either the same or a cousin to the one's we saw back on the Sony site. As they're all for the identical device. (I haven't look at version numbers tho just to see what's what) but no need to do that until you test it. Good luck!

When the driver installed, there was a warning about TV and how it may not work because of insufficent RAM. I thought it was because I had a lot running, but everytime I go to Windows Media Center and "Set up TV", the computer crashes with the blue screen and restarts.

EDIT: I used the DriverMAX software to update the Sony driver thing that I installed, and now it won't be detected.
http://i44.tinypic.com/jjshvn.jpg

But is listed in the device manager:
http://i39.tinypic.com/2wnztph.jpg

I'm not sure if its the incorrect driver, or it's another problem outside of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back