Missing ROM files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blazeduke

Whenever I start up my computer, i get an error message,

"ERROR LOADING WINMPA32.ROM....THE SPECIFIED MODULE COULD NOT BE FOUND"

How do i resolve the issue:confused:

Blaze, can you make sure you are giving us the exact spelling because there is absolutely nothing on the whole internet concerning WINMPA32.ROM.

Run your security scans. What is your antivirus, etc.? Can you at least boot into Safe Mode?

my anitvirus picks nothing up (symantec endpoint protection) i can boot into safe mode. It was just something that showed up one day out of the blue.

Blaze, we suggest you go to the Virus and Malware Removal forum, read the Updated 8 Step sticky and follow the instructions as given.

When you finish post there with required logs. You'll get excellent help there.

I am not saying this is your issue but you could also be deeply infected. We are trying to be proactive.

* Also, you might want to see if a firmware upgrade for your DVD drive might help.

wineen32.rom missing

similarly i am also having the problem that wineen32.rom missing when i system loged in,actually before it was shoein winnux32.rom missing now its showing different,how can i remove this bug friends???

Do a system restore to when your computer last worked, this will solve any file problems.
not likely! Restoring a System Restore Point is about drivers and settings. A full HD restore *may* do that, but only if it first wipes the disk to eleminate files that are not present in the restore.image

For the "what it's worth" department... and a start of some info i found about ROM files

1. I searched for and found 43 *.ROM files on my Win 7 machine

2. CtlPanel->Default Programs->File Associations did NOT define/associate the .ROM extension with anything (which i think implies it's not intended to be invoked by clicking it. But rather is a data file for something that's not likely intended as a user program

3. Which seems to be consistent with .ROM files appearing (i.e. my guess) to be data files containing firmware (and firmware needed data?) for your BIOS and/or machine and/or other hardware

Anyway, just a guess... if anyone learns more or different please share!! (now i'm reall curious to know all about .ROM files :) )

Missing ROM files

I recently reinstalled xp now i need to reinstall my motherboard drivers i have a k7s5a pro and have downloaded the ROM file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back