Mobile Router that allows the disabling of radio(wireless) and connect direct to ethernet ?

WhyFhy

Hello guys

Are there any mobile routers, 3g or 4g, that allow us to disable wireless radio connectivity (disable WiFi) and connect to the hotspot via ethernet connection ?

I know alot of the newer huawei 4g and ee 4gee routers have ethernet ports, but I have been unable to find an option to disable the wifi radio on the huawei model... I havnt yet tested EE's 4gee

The last ones we used where I work were the MR1100 Nighthawks and they let you disable wireless. You would just have to check with whatever brand but many support disabling wireless if there is an ethernet port.

The last ones we used where I work were the MR1100 Nighthawks and they let you disable wireless. You would just have to check with whatever brand but many support disabling wireless if there is an ethernet port.

thanks, that MR1100 is a nice router, shame they are over £200.

Hoping to something less fancy and for <£80

The Huawei ZTE MF286D 4G router does not have the option to disable WiFi in the admin page, under both the normal and advanced settings mode.

TP-Link MR6400 4G router has a switch to disable WiFi.

Do you know what speeds your local mast is capable of? You may or may not need a better router.

Back