Mobo fried?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i attached a midi cable to my sound card, then realized the computer had restarted and was frozen at the intial boot screen and it didnt make it past the "memory test" section. i cleared cmos, all it does now is turn on and the screen displays the microstar international screen and thats it. i disconnected all drives as well and anything that wasnt a necessity. whats your opinion.

Try resetting the motherboards bios to the default settings

i have now done this correctly. in the bios, when i have it set to auto detect the hard drives, nothing comes up. is this the issue you refer to on the boot sector.

i believe the problem is fixed. i managed to get it to start from the system disk. it loaded things back in. and i took it out, and restarted. it seems to recognize the hard drives now as well. it started up. so i am putting it back together and hopefully we will see how it goes. thanks guys.

my new issue is at startup. sometimes it "hangs" or i dont give it enought time perhaps, at the screen where it detects all the ram cards and the drives installs, other time it works and gets past that. i did scandisk and it still does this. what should i try now?

Download and install your hard drive's test software from it manufacturers support website and check the drive(s) for errors that way

Download and install your hard drive's test software from it manufacturers support website and check the drive(s) for errors that way

well i did this and ran the check. the checks came back clean. i have restarted the computer twice after these checks and didnt have a problem as of yet. so maybe it is solved. good help guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back