Model of a good Laser Printer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know a good laser printer model? I'm very dissatisfied with Inkjet printers and how much ink they burn through quickly. I've heard Laser Printers are far more efficient ink-wise and I'm looking for the best model for home use. Anyone know a good one?

Thanks.

I've always had good luck with HP Laserjets. I currently have a 1000. It is smaller and lighter and cheaper than my old, circa 1989 Laserjet III, and frankly not really as good. The Laserjet III was IMHO better built: it always printed straight, it dealt well with cardstock and other very heavy papers. The tradeoff is price, size, and weight. The 1000 is infinitely better at standard B&W printing than any inkjet, though. Depending on your budget and your needs, you might want to look into a color laser printer these days. But I would definitely stick with HP. This seems to be one thing they do better than anyone else.

I've always had good luck with HP Laserjets.
.... This seems to be one thing they do better than anyone else.

I can't do anything but agree with you; I never liked printers from any other manufacturers, Epson/Lexar etc. etc. etc. I still have 4L / 6P running since last century :). Although I had LJ III at work but couple of years ago I send it into retirement with complete honors and replaced it with 4250.

I think 1000 series LJs are pretty decent for every day normal user; however if you want to go color there are 2000 series printers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back