Modern Warfare 2 Menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

damoin

Hello,
since a few days i'm having a problem. Modern warfare 2 stucks at the menu when i start it up. I hear the music playing but the smoke on the background and the mouse wont move. I cant do anything. It is at multiplayer and singleplauyer

i dont know alot about pc games, but it could be your internet. and what kind of spec's you have too.. thats what im thinking im playing "MW2" on xbox360..

I have a new pc and good internet
AMD Phenom II X4 3.4GHz
4gb ram
2tb hdd
2x Asus EAH 4890 1gb ddr5 Crossfire X
Motherboard Asus M4a74XTD EVO

Here are two links with lists of suggestions to try to help fix the freezing/crashing problems people are seeing in Modern Warfare 2. Taken from the link below:

http://www.unigamesity.com/how-to-fix-modern-warfare-2-problemsfreezings/

http://www.gamingnewslink.com/2009/...-errors-freezes-crashes-and-install-problems/

Your most likely fixes include:

* Try updating the video and sound drivers (looks like sound drivers have caused this issue for others) on your computer. Also, try lowering the resolution levels and load the game once more.

* If this still doesn’t solve your problem and Modern Warfare 2 keeps freezing, and you are running Windows 7, right click the game executable and select its properties, then set it to run in compatibility mode with previous versions of Windows (Vista, 32 bit or XP).

* Finally, another possible Modern Warfare 2 fix is suggested for those who have Windows Vista. Jlesamiz suggests trying the same tweak that worked with the original Modern Warfare:

“Click Start > Run (or Windows Key + R), type in this command followed by Enter:

mmsys.cpl

Click on the Recording tab.

Right click on *any* entry in this list, make sure “Show Disabled Devices” is checked.

If you have an entry for Stereo Mix, right click on it and choose ‘Enable’.

Then, restart your computer and retry running the game.”

* Some people just suggest waiting for a couple min and that cleared the issue. They suspect that this will be fixed in the next patch release.

Sorry to say but none of this worked for me.
I set the screen mode to 0 and then it was just a small screen i could move the mice for 1 second and the game already stopped

Assuming you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program? Also just to help in looking around.
1) what OS are you running?
2) did you get the game through steam or through retail?

Do you have steam running at all when you get the hang? I keep seeing multiple reports of issues with steam. Some users did the following:

Problem: Menu hang issue with the steam overlay in game:

Open Steam
Go to File >> Settings

Click the "In-game" tab
Untick "Enable Steam-community in game"

Problem: Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer shows intro-screen and then stops. Need a ctrl alt to close the game.

1. First open your Steam games window-screen.
2. Click on Modern Warfare 2 (DO NOT CLICK MODERN WARFARE 2 MULTIPLAYER)
3. Then, at the bottom right corner of your screen, click on properties.
4. Go onto the tab Local Files.
5. Click on Verify Integrity of Game Cache. Let it run and download any missing components.
IF this does not fix your problem repeat this for Modern Warfare 2- Multiplayer.

Trying the information you gave right now.
It is a bit odd because i started the game and it just hang at the menu. Before that happened i could play it without any problem.

Out of ideas here. You could email support for call of duty at support@callofduty.com to see if they can help.

Just a note for future - I don't think it would have made a difference here, but it is helpful if you detail exactly what you tired and the order you did them in instead of just saying - "nope still not working".

Its not that it doesnt show the intro screen. It shows it but very very slow and then you come to the menu. Then i cant move the mouse but the yellow color leftdown in the screen moves very very slow. I can hear the musci play at normal speed.

When the game is hanging i close the game with alt ctrl del. I get a error message called: Hungapp.

Sorry, I am fresh out of ideas here. I would recommend trying to contact the tech support for the game as i can't seem to find anyone else with your issue.

Sorry we couldn't come up with an answer. If you get the issue fixed, post details on solving the issue in case someone else has the same issue. Good luck.

I Realize Damoin found out his problem, but my realtek drivers were updated.... I just thought this morning "What if it's waiting to connect on the internet or something like that"??..... So I when to double check my "Norton Internet security" under internet, Program control. It was set to "Auto", I changed it to "Allow".... It's the first time in weeks I've been able to play on multiplayer ( I only use Multi, so I'm not even sure if Single player works, sry ). Hope this little bit of info can help someone else out there, because that was one hell of a frustrating bug to fix!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back