Monitor and audio suddenly stops working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since yesterday, my monitor and audio suddenly stops receiving signals from my computer randomly.
I was forced to reboot my computer after waiting for 20 minutes. After I reboot, it works fine for a while, then my computer monitor and audio stops working again, and I tried a few more times with plug tweaks and other minor changes, but monitor and audio still stops working at random times.
Please help, I use this computer for work. Thanks in advance.

Do you receive audio through the monitor via built-in speakers?

Almost sounds like some kind of power failure or possibly something overheating. Does the computer continue to run (i.e. fans spin, hard drive is active etc...) when you lose video or does it lock up?

My audio and monitor are separate, and my computer do continue to run even after monitor and audio stop working. I know it's not overheating because I checked its temperature and it's very cool.

Hmm, well in that case have you tried another monitor or maybe swapping output type (if possible)? Since the problem has just started to occur again and again, I would maybe try to think about the last change you made to the system. Did you recently update drivers for the video card or motherboard? Did you add more RAM or change any BIOS settings? Were any system updates applied? Which OS are you running by the way?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm trying to eliminate some things to make it easier...

I tried other monitors and they don't work, I can't swap output type because I don't have another type, last change I brought in was 2 months ago, and I don't think that matters, I didn't update drivers for the video card for a lonnnnng time, I didn't change any BIOS settings and I didn't add more RAM. No system updagtes were applied and I have Microsoft XP sp3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back