Monitor goes black after 1 second

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will_m

Hello again, I have a rather strange problem with my LCD monitor, which is a Digimate L-1715. My problem is that it only stays on for around a second before the screen goes black (the power remains on). If I then turn it off and back on again I can see the desktop again but only for 1 second before it turns off again. Does anyone know why this is happening or a possible solution. I've tried contacting Digimate but their website wont let me submit a tech question to them. Any help on this would be much appreciated!

Regards,

Will

you might try plugging it in through a different power adapter if you dont have one or that doesnt work try plugging it into a different strip or wall socket. sometimes things like that can shut off like that if they aren't getting enough wattage

Hi, thanks for the reply, I don't have another power adapter for it but I have tried different plug sockets. It not actually the power that goes off just the screen turns black and the power light on the front remains on.

Cheers,

Will

When this happens it's usually a problem with the inverter for the backlight in the screen. It's usually difficult to source the right inverter so you're probably better off selling it for spares on eBay and buying a new screen.

Thanks seanc, I shall look into selling it for spares then. Unless anyone else has another option?

Regards,

Will

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back