Monitor has no signal after major upgrade

Mobo died so I upgraded a computer with... Mobo- ASUS M4A88T-V EVO AM3 AMD 880G HDMI ATX, Ram- G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB 240-Pin DDR3 1066, CPU- AMD Athlon II X4 640 Propus 3.0GHz Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core. The GPU is GTX 550ti. PSU has 750 watts.

I cannot get any signal from any montior plugged into this gpu. Also, I tried switching PSI-e slots with no change. What am I forgetting? Does the fact that this new mobo has onboard video interfere with the gpu?

Most new motherboards turn off there on board graphics , When you install a new graphics card. If you want to try the on board graphics you will need to remove your graphics card. Did your monitor work before? If so. Did you make sure when you installed the new graphics card. That you plugged the six pin connecter from the psu to it? If not this could be the reason you have no video.

Not necessarily cobalt006, most new motherboards will auto detect whether on-board video or 3rd party video cards are installed by default... ejergens, have you tried another monitor?

Never ran into that with a new build. Useally if the on board was on and you install a graphics card the on board turns off . Must depend on the brand. Like I said I have never ran into that on newer boards , But good to know. Just installed a new video card in my computer 660ti, Check bios after On board video disable it self, The bios set it self to PCIE. This is a brand new computer.

Back